Danone Light & Free

Friday 13 May 2016

 photo DSCN6949_zpsftbgral7.jpg

I recently received a voucher to try Danone's new Light & Free Greek Style Yogurt.  I was able to pick some up at my local Asda and had a choice of two flavours in that shop, raspberry or cherry.  It also comes in Blueberry, Strawberry and Peach and Passionfruit flavours.  I chose the Cherry Charmer as I have diverticulitis and need to be careful of eating anything with a lot of seeds.  Delciously thick, sumptuously creamy with fruit pieces, with 0% sugar and fat, and coming in less than 60 calories per pot!  What do you have to lose?

What I thought:

It was nice and thick and quite creamy.   There were lots of bits of cherry, and it tasted really nice and fruity.    There is a slightly flavour of the sweeteners which are used (acesulfame K, Sucralose), but its not unpleasant like some artificially sweetened things can be.  As a diabetic I have to watch any sugars and at 7.7g for each 115g (1 pot) serving it was bordering on the high side for me, but was still within acceptable levels.   I loved that it was both low in fat and calories, and it is a yogurt pot I would definitely buy.  I would really love to be able to try the blueberry and peach and passionfruit flavours, as well as the strawberry, so I will be keeping my eye out for these!

They are available at Tesco, Morrisons (although I couldn't find them at my local one in Chester), Nisa, Asda, Waitrose and Ocado.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!